Protecting Your Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal and business information we collect from our clients. Maintaining high standards of information integrity and security is important to us.
The Pelorus Financial Group abides by the ten principles of the PIPED (Privacy) Act and has established this policy statement and internal procedures to ensure all collected personal information is collected, used, transferred, shared and disclosed only for identified business purposes and only with the consent of our clients, except where otherwise required for legal or security purposes. We collect the personal and business information of our clients in order to offer the high quality benefit, retirement and insurance planning services.
At Pelorus Financial Group maintaining the security of our clients’ and their employees personal information is a top priority. Our principles of Privacy are set out below:
1. Accountability – We are accountable for keeping the information we have about our clients and their employees, safe and secure. By a series of internal practices and controls and contractual agreements with external suppliers and service providers, we ensure the personal information that we collect, use, transfer, share disclose and retain is secure and is used only for identified business purposes or as required by law. A Privacy Compliance Officer has been designated to whom requests may be made for more information on our policies and procedures or inquiries may be made regarding our complaints procedure.
2. Identifying Purposes – We collect only the information that we and our suppliers need to obtain in order to complete the required analysis for the business purpose identified in writing, either before or at the time the information is collected. We collect personal information in order to offer high quality, specialized benefit, retirement and insurance products to our clients.
3. Consent – Our goal is to be transparent to our clients in relation to the collection and use of their information. We obtain our client’s express consent before we collect, transfer, share and disclose any personal client or employee information except where the collection, transfer, sharing or disclosing is for legal or security purposes.
4. Limiting Collection – We collect only personal information that is necessary in order to offer our specialized benefit, retirement and insurance products. We avoid collecting more information about our clients than is needed for the purposes identified.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention – Our client’s and their employees’ personal information is not used, disclosed or retained for any purpose other than those identified to our clients or as required by law. We keep our client information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified business purposes and as is necessary for legal, regulatory and limitation of action purposes.
6. Accuracy – We endeavour to keep collected information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible for the purposes for which it is to be used. We regularly update client information to ensure accuracy and continue to offer high quality, specialized benefit, retirement and insurance products to our clients.
7. Safeguards – We have in place internal practices and controls to ensure security safeguards are in place appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, which we collect and retain. These safeguards include physical, technological and organizational measures all designed to limit access to client personal information on a need-to-know basis and to keep the personal information secure.
8. Openness – Upon request we will make available additional information about our policies and internal practices and controls relating to the management and safeguarding of client personal information.
9. Access to Information – At any time clients may request information about the existence, use and disclosure of their and their employee’s personal information and we will provide access to that information. We encourage our clients to update their personal information with us and allow them to verify the accuracy and completeness of any personal information we may hold. There may be limited circumstances when information cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons and in that case we will advise our clients of the reasons why information cannot be accessed by them.
Pelorus Financial Group
Privacy Compliance Officer
301-3700 Steeles Avenue
Vaughan, ON L4L 8K8
Phone: 905-850-3330; Fax: 905-850-3329
Collection and use of client personal information is fundamental to the day-to-day business operation at Pelorus Financial Group. Protecting the privacy and maintaining the highest standards of security with respect to that information is a top priority.